* PCPartPicker may receive compensation for purchases made at participating retailers linked on this site. This compensation does not affect what products or prices are displayed, or the order of prices listed. Learn more here.
- Dual band - Ensuring top speeds and the greatest range while minimizing interference.
- Faster multimedia streaming - Provides Wireless-N speed for streaming HD videos, simultaneous downloads, and online gaming in addition to basic Internet applications.
- Backward compatible with Wireless-G.
- Easy setup - Smart Wizard CD with graphical installation guide.
- Secured connection - Push 'N' Connect offers a secured wireless Internet connection at the push of a button.
- Window 8 compatible
- 18 points
- 42 months ago
from completed build Delving into the Building Community
Really was surprised by this gadget. I'm paying for 45Mbps from AT&T. When hooked up directly with Ethernet I get about 45Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. When this is plugged in and the computer is located 1 meter away in the same room I got around 30Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.
My computer is located the the room above my router roughly 5.5meters away and I get about 25Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. When I was playing Overwatch on Ultra settings I was getting about 35ms ping (I am located in CA).
I put my computer on a 2.4Ghz channel since the rest of the items in my house are on the 5 Ghz channel (2 macbooks and 2 Iphones). I also have a Roku connected to the router.
Overall, I did not feel any bit of lag at all. Everything loads nice and quick. It felt as good as when I was plugged in with Ethernet.
- 11 points
- 17 months ago
from completed build Magenta "Mommy" Battlestation
It does the job. Increases the wireless range so I can use my PC in the basement without signal drops.
- 10 points
- 50 months ago
from completed build First build, What do I call it -.-
Wow, i was a little worried if this could handle FPS's.... Let me tell you i will handle your needs... Watch how far you get away from your router though I have heard that makes a difference.
- Intel Core i7-6700K
- GeForce GTX 1080
- AMD FX-6300
- Radeon R7 260X
- Intel Core i7-4770K
- Radeon R9 270