add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Changing laptop Storage....Should I factory renew windows?

omerlife

54 months ago

So I bought a Samsung SSd 850 EVO (250 gb) to replace my stock Toshiba 1 TB HHD...

I want to replace my HHD because I think it was dying on me.... made weird faint slicking sounds and also heated up my laptop like CRAZY... most of the times the test manager info said that the HHD was running 100% for no reason (I was not running any programs!) ...

So I plan to use the Samsung data transfer program to copy windows over to the SSd and then replace it.... But the question is should I factory reset my laptop or not?

Should I do it before the transfer or once I replace the SSd and do it on the SSd?

Please help and let me know!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump.... I need a correct or logical answer....please.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Cloning your Toshiba and doing a factory reset don't have to be tied. You can do one without the other, and you can do either one at any time you wish. I don't see a reason to factory reset your laptop.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube