add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How does a liquid cooler work?

YoZync

54 months ago

How do I load one in? I always wondered that one tiny mistake and they would just fall apart and spill water / liquid (whatever is used to cool the system) that would fry the whole rest of my computer. This may sound stupid but I am a PC noob after all.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly the easiest way to describe the installation is by demonstration. There are many YouTube videos that can show you what you're looking for to much greater detail than any piece of writing.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Isn't water cooling really just a gimmick ?

Linus showed that a cooler CPU does not run any faster.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

it's not speed thing it's heat dissipation

http://koolance.com/cooling101-heat-transfer

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the point of making it cooler if it does not go faster ?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Noise wise effective way air cooling is louder and the heat dissipation is lower which hurts your parts.

Oc with water will beat the air in oc'ing

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Installation methods will vary depending on the cooler, case used and installation point in the case. As already mentioned, read the case and cooler manual, then view installation video of same cooler. Preferably same/similar case. With that said, not really cost effective for liquid cooling unless expecting high heat due to overclocking or stated requirement for specific AMD processor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube