add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Video Editor for around $30-60?

PursuitOfGaming
  • 59 months ago

I'm looking for a video editor to edit my gaming videos on my channel,but there's so many different opinons

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Avid is releasing a free version of Media Composer later this year, called "Media Composer | First": http://nofilmschool.com/2015/04/avid-just-announced-free-version-their-world-class-nle-media-composer

Background:
Pretty big name in the NLE world. The company itself is widely known for their DNxHD intermediate codec for offline editing (also called proxy editing). The codec is used by editors who do a lot of 4K/6K editing because at that resolution DNxHD is easier to ingest and scrub through than H.264 or on the other end of the spectrum, CinemaDNG.

Blackmagic Design's (BMD) DaVinci Resolve also allows you to edit videos: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

Background:
It's an extremely powerful and popular color correction and color grading suite, but it works well as an NLE and if you need/want to do colorist work then it's extremely comprehensive. The free version is DaVinci Resolve Lite 11.3. There's a version 12 coming out later this year that is supposed to add even more video editing features (said to rival Premiere and FCPX), so keep an eye out for that. The company itself started out with colorist software and hardware, but is now also known for their cinema cameras like the BMCC, BMPCC, Ursa, and Ursa Mini.

Between Avid and BMD, right now only Resolve Lite 11.3 is actually available. But it's free, and you can't beat free. Especially coming from an a legit, high quality company like BMD. I would definitely check out Media Composer when the free version goes live though. Same with Resolve Lite 12.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Lightworks is a good option, but the free version can only do 720p max. Still a good option though

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Adobe Premiere Pro or Lightworks both are good one one video editing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube