add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which Gtx 970 to get,

brofessor1
  • 61 months ago

Hey guys so i posted earlier on whether to purchase the gtx 970 now or later. I came to the conclusion that i want to get it now than later since my PC is sitting there collecting dust. I was wondering i cannot decide which Gtx 970 to get. Card with lowest possible coil sound and best cooling would be amazing. So far i've got a list off newegg which i think would fit my budget.

1. EVGA (this one has a boost) what you guys think?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

2. MSI version: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127832&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-127-832-_-Product

3. Asus strix

4. Gigabyte gaming 1 however its the most expencive one.

Thanks for your input guys

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

The Gigabyte one is the second best GTX 970 out there, its only out done by the Galax HoF.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Gigabyte out of those. But for that price range, 290X Lightning.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup. If only there were an 8GB version.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Sapphire 290x vapor is for 400$.

With 100-200$ more anyone can get a GTX 980 or 295x2.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

personally, i would go for the either the msi one or the gigabyte one. evga has been known in the past to make cards with a very high chance that you'll get coil whine, so i would stay away from them, especially when there are so many other options. if can spend the money, then i would go with the gigabyte one, especially if you are going to overclock. if you don't want to spend the money, then i would go with the msi one, simply since it looks good.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That is the old EVGA 970 with the poor cooling design. If you want an EVGA 970, get one labeled "SSC".

That said, I'd get the Gigabyte if performance is your top priority. If you want the best mix of performance and silence, then the MSI takes the lead.

The ASUS is a good card but it's pretty much outshined in every way by the MSI. It's slower, has a lower max voltage, is longer, has no lighting, is louder (even if they're both quiet). The only advantage is price.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

4.Gigabyte gaming 1

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube