add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i5-3570K vs Later models

Javanode
  • 62 months ago

How does the i5-3570K compared to later i5 models? Have they got any better or still the same? If you own i5-3570K, should you be worried about upgrading it?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points
  • 62 months ago
  • 2 points

If you have one don't bother upgrading it.

If you're choosing CPUs, choose whichever i5 CPU + mobo combo leaves you enough money to advance 1 tier up on your GPU. If you can't, go with the better CPU unless or save cash. You can also apply this thinking to just gaming CPUs in general (meaning including AMD from the FX-6300 and onward))

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Going for 4690k also means upgrading my mobo.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not worth it unless you need the newer z97 board features. The cpu aline is just not worth spending the money on. Wait for the next series.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

the 4690k would be a better overclocker and it will run cooler... but if I have it I would just wait for skylake....

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

skylake! I'm just hearing about it from you.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube