add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
helpmeiamnew

58 months ago

Is Comodo 7 a good anti-virus program? I already downloaded it. . . should I get Norton or a different anti-virus program?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 4 points

It's good, but not the easiest antivirus to use in the world. If you really want to replace it I recommend Avast.

Don't worry, Norton's bad anyway :P

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

I remember my friend had a lot of hassle with it, it wouldn't let her download programs that are known by most people to be safe (steam for example) and also did some weird stuff to her firewall IIRC. Mind you, this was quite a few years ago (2008ish I believe), so they might've fixed that up by now.

I'd go with the Australian's recommendation of avast but also pair it with malwarebytes, they're two great programs that work well together!

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

+1 for Malwarebytes.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the suggestion. (:

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

why is Norton bad. i use on two computers and its great.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

For some ideas on free antivirus software/links:

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Norton all the way

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It's great if you like to manage all the details... Comodo has far more settings than most

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

norton is a joke. i reccomend avast its what i use and it works pretty good

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Bitdefender or Trend Micro.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

The Best detection engine for the past 3 years is Bitdefender.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Is Comodo 7 a good anti-virus program?

Comodo is in the doghouse right now. Comodo's PrivDog (which is installed alongside Comodo Internet Security) has been identified as part of the Superfish/Komodia clusterfsck which compromises SSL/TLS security on your laptop. Insanely, installing this "privacy" application will actually make it easier for malicious actors to make counterfeit sites appear legitimate.

http://malwaretips.com/threads/privdog-is-superfish-all-over-again.42720/

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube