add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Blender or Cinema 4D? Which is Better and Which is Easier to Use? First Time Animating!

ShrekAndSanic

58 months ago

I've come down to these two programs for my animating software. I am going to be making an actual animated movie for my story and wanting to know which of these two is better and easier to use for first time animators. I would also appreciate seeing some pros and cons of each! I am trying to make the movie look realistic, too, so I kinda need something that can handle it well.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Both are exceptionally hard. You might be able to make a cube animate if you give yourself a week to learn. Another month to learn how to design basic correctors, and then several months learning hotkeys, tweens and skeleton animation.

Untimely it depends on your experience and what your making.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. Thanks for telling me.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd start with Blender. There is no risk.

Cinema 4D is a over $1,000 purchase.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. Thanks.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I use Blender daily and I can tell you that it's a great program, but comes with a lot of learning curves.

Just spend a ton of time at it and you'll continually get better.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I have been looking at some tutorials about Blender and I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

You'll enjoy it! It's a lot of fun!

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. I want to try to make my movie look a little realistic, so I hope it all turns out well.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like you're going to go with blender to start with at least, but I'm going to throw another point its way. My friend uses it and loves it, she said it's definitely difficult to get into, but when you know your way around it it's great!

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Blender is free, easy to learn just look up some tutorials on YouTube, and i have seen alot of finished animations that look very real. I also use it on a regular laptop so you don't need a crazy powerful computer but if you do have a awesome PC its better and will do your rendering way faster I have been using blender for 3 months now and I'm still at low res, polygon like models and I did make a fps game a while ago using some free downloadable models but its not like I'm practicing everyday.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I have looked at a few tutorials about Blender. My PC is pretty good, so I could maybe make higher res animations.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

3DS Max is probably better to use in this situation, yes you didn't mention it as one of your options but its the industry standard, meaning a lot more tutorials and such.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard about that.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi,

Go for Blender.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. I now kinda decided to let someone else animate for me.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol. If the person has experience doing it then you made a wise choice. While these programs may be free and widely used, they aren't for everyone. If you haven't done work in any modeling programs before then your best bet is to pass the buck but if you have a passion for it then I'd strongly suggest just playing around with it and watching a few tutorials regardless of if you plan on doing anything with it.

I've used almost all of the major modeling programs out there and while they are usually hard as crap to learn at the very start they get a lot easier once time goes on. Just have to wait for the CLICK to happen in your head that makes it all make sense to you and you'll be set.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube