add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
KiLLeRrKeN

59 months ago

An active scanner/threat detector(virus) that doesn't take use a lot of ram in the background?

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

How much is "a lot" to you? I am happy with RAM usage in MSE. Right now it's using about 68mb on my PC.

That being said, back when I sold antivirus to schools, I noticed that a lot of resource-conscious network admins really swore by either malwarebytes or ESET.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I remember back in the day i had ram usage in the 500plus range, i cannot remember the program though. I would be very happy with anything under 250 ish

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Then go with MSE.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree, that's what I use...about once a month I run Malwarebytes just to catch anything MSE may not find, but don't have that one actively running. MSE has a small footprint and works well, and FREE

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. Unless your running a corporate system that is installed to a server and runs on clients.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

poo :[

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

BitDefender is pretty light weight and rated among the best available.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi, i suggest you to try Microsoft Security Essentials and Norton antivirus in your machine. I’m running Microsoft Security Essentials in my laptop and it consumes around 90MB and in my desktop machine i’m running Norton antivirus and it consumes around 85MB something. Also both are good.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Two antiviruses at once is no good. There are quite a few sources saying this too.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll take a look at SEL and Malwarebites. MWB sounds familiar, did it used to have a spider as a logo? I used to have norton back in the days, like over 7 years ago and I didn't like it.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

VIPRE. It's relatively cheap for a base model, and takes up 0.1% of your CPU. No joke.

It can do scans for your entire system and not take up CPU or disk or RAM speed, and it has a huge list of threat protections that can stop virtually anything. It even can block adware within a program and still allow that program through. It's saved me from trojans, adware, you name it.

VIPRE all the way.

I sound like an advertisement for this thing don't I? :P seriously though AMAZING program. And there's a free trial 30 days.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe... Process Exploder...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube