add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Experience with Fry's ?

morganm

63 months ago

Mine has been total frustration. I don't think I would ever order from them again unless I had to. Only reason I did this time was because I had to and I regret it; should have just picked a different product!

Apparently they get a lot of fraudulent orders so right off the bat it took hours to order one simple thing. This is because the transaction locked my credit card, I had no idea what's going on, I sit on hold with Fry's for a freak'n hour just for them to tell me to call my CC company. I call the CC company, another 30 minutes, and it's unlocked. Takes an hour for that to take effect and I finally order the damn thing.

They give me an expected delivery day when the order was processed. However the order never moved out of "in process". After a few days I finally call them and ask WTF is up. "Oh, yeah, we pulled aside a bunch of orders... sorry". Apparently they did this and weren't going to do a damn thing about it until you call and complain! Because nothing was happening until I called and complained.

So he smashes on the keyboard for 30 minutes and says it will ship tomorrow. Takes a day longer than he said to actually ship and now it won't get here until the 16th.

Is this typical with these clowns?!

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting. I've never shopped there online, but if you go to one of their local stores, they've always seemed really good. Thanks for the heads up, I'll likely avoid shopping online from them and stick to going in-store.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe they just aren't equipped to handle the volume around the holidays. They kind of struck me as a smaller shop than say New Egg or Amazon. So I could see things taking longer.

What bothered me the most was they just pulled aside a lot of orders and didn't tell the customers... anything. Nothing saying they are pending, why they are on hold, what to do about it.

Sounds like the are good at the brick and mortar version; I'd stick with that!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube