add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replacing stock fans on H200i with NZXT AER RGB 2 120mm

mroshaw
  • 2 months ago

To satisfy my new found craving for RGB goodness, I'm looking to replace the two stock 120mm fans in my NZXT H200i with a couple of AER RGB 2 120mm fans.

The H200i comes with a "Smart Device" controller, so do I just need to buy the two replacement fans? Any need for any other cabling or components when I replace the stock fans, or do I literally just swap them out?

Thank you!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Your RGB fans will come with 2 wires - one for the fan control, and one for the lights. The lights will either be able run off the H200i’s lighting controller (if it has additional ports) or plug into the HUE controller that comes in the two fan bundle. You can also get a port multiplier off of Amazon to get more ports on either to theoretically run more RGB devices on fewer ports. Just stay mindful of the Amperage limit on the wires.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, thank you! The H200i came with splitters for the RGB, so I think I'm sorted!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you manage to get this work? Nzxt says that aer rgb 2 fans won't work with smart device which comes in h200i. Would love to swap those fans myself too. Please uptade.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube