add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can I revive this pc key?

ikeeyigsys5575
  • 3 months ago

Hi, I have an old laptop that came with a windows 7 coa sticker. I want to use this key in my next build, but I can't turn the laptop on to deactivate. Please help.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Laptops are almost always OEM license and limited to that specific PC.

And Win 7 is now dead so Microsoft isn't likely to help you transfer the license even if it was a full version.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

ok. where is it a legit and cheap way to get an older licesnce to use with my new machine?

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Not unless you have an older Win 10 key laying around.

8/8.1 compatibility isn't assured on the new generations leaving 10 as the only option now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube