add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

System Mechanic

Epportera
  • 5 months ago

I’m currently looking into apps and utilities for a new build and am seeing some overlap on recommended utilities. If I were to go with iolo’s system mechanic would I still need a drive cleaner like bleachbit or any utilities that deal with clunky files such as windirstrat or treesize? I’m wondering if system mechanic is kind of an all inclusive tune up utility making these other ones redundant. Let me know what all of you think.

Thanks

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

My suggestion is don't use any of them. You really don't need a program like system mechanic. Windows have plenty of built in tools to keep itself running right. Plus you can easily prevent apps and programs from running in the background which is what these programs normally do to get slight performance boosts.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, that makes sense. What about using system mechanic to optimize an SSD (as that will be my primary drive) so that the OS doesn’t defrag it

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Windows 10 recognizes the difference between a SSD and HDD, it does not try and defrag SSDs.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, sounds good, thank you for your time!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube