add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So... Half Life Alyx was announced.

PrivatePengu

2 months ago

What are your thoughts? Buy or no buy?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

I think sales of VR headsets are going to increase.

VR has really been missing a true 'killer app,' and a new Half Life game that is even exclusively VR is the closest thing we have ever had.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Won't buy it as I do not have a VR headset any longer nor am I inclined to get one. Personally feels to me a way to encourage more users to buy VR headsets including their own one as plenty of HL diehards will get a VR headset if they do not already own one.

With that said, will keep an eye on it. It will be interesting I think, but also suspect there has been so much hype around the series (why they are doing a VR game rather then full blow HL3 due to not living up to the hype) that while it will be a great game on VR, it may not quiet be up their as HL2 was back in the day.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I won't be buying because I don't have the space for a VR headset and I probably don't have the budget for one really, but I'm still conflicted. Do I look at playthroughs for the story, or do I just wait until my life situation changes and I can? Otherwise, would if I could. Except Valve also said there's no Linux support planned day one, so I probably still wouldn't, at least not day one.

I don't know how story-focused it's going to be, but that's always been a big part of enjoying the Half-Life series for me. Should be interesting how this pushes VR sales. Should be interesting to see if this is secretly a test for how much people really want more Half-Life and so if it does well they can justify developing Half-Life 3. I like a bit of wishful thinking.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I've kind of wanted a headset to play Vader Immortal on. This makes me really want to get one. I had truly given up hope on ever seeing another HL game. IDK at this point.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I had truly given up hope on ever seeing another HL game.

Sounds like most of the community, I think.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't imagine Satan's too happy. I doubt someone like him owns cold-weather gear.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

No need to worry about that. This a a prequel to Half Life 2 and HL3. They are still leaving everyone dangling over that cliff.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course cause there will never be a real half life 3

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Welcome to core Valve community lmao

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube