add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help Needed for Asus Maximus Hero VII

Battlerboy

1 month ago

So i traded a guy my old xbox one that i had laying around for a built computer. I'm having troubles booting it up. I figured something like this was going to happen, but decided what the hell i can salvage some parts off it if i cant fix it. I'd really like to fix it and use it because it looks to be better than my old Dell 790, at least parts wise. The problem I'm running into is that when i hit the power button it powers up but no display and the motherboard has given me a few codes so far on its little display, A-2, 99, and 64. I've unhooked everything besides the ramm, HDD, keyboard and mouse.

Case: Corsair CC-9011030-WW Carbide Series Air 540 Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII hero CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Ramm: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 2x8gb 1866 MHZ HDD: Western Digital 500 GB PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold GPU: VisionTek Radeon HD 6970 2GB-GDDR5 Memory Blue Ray: Asus DVD/Blue Ray

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

unhook the drives, remove the video card, reset CMOS and try to boot into BIOS with the monitor hooked up to the motherboard.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

what drives do you mean? all I have hooked up is the hard drive via sata cable, the keyboard via usb, and the monitor via vgi cable. I don't know how to reset the CMOS. when I power on all i'm getting is a black screen.

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

the storage is the 500GB not the 1TB, everything else looks good. the red ones. which slots are A2 and B2? i do not know how to clear them

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

so i just pulled the ram it came with out and stuck 1 that i know works into both A2 the first time and B2 the second time. both times i still have a black screen.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube