add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on an outdated build I want to buy.

jo5hlegend

28 days ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xNq27T

This build is available on facebook. It is available for 800$. I am a little worried by some of the descriptions of the parts that it is a bit outdated. Is this worth the money or should I try to build something myself for around the same price?

PS - I actually already have some memory bought because I was going to build my own and then chickened out.

https://www.newegg.com/oloy-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820821143?Item=N82E16820821143

If anybody has a parts list thrown together that is around 800$ minus the memory obviously and better than the build I listed above I am open to listening. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• 28 days ago
  • 2 points

That is not worth 800 bucks and the memory you bought will not work with it.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Right. I would have to sell the memory. But I would rather buy some parts myself to go with the memory.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

8 bucks more and much better performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NLsFGc

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Is there a comparable intel build?

• 28 days ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor $144.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $88.98 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $66.95 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.49 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card $233.98 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case $50.01 @ Walmart
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $69.98 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $98.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan Fractal Design Prisma SL-12 50.63 CFM 120 mm Fan $13.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $807.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 17:30 EST-0500
  • 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

That's older than my current machine and that's saying something!

Have a look at the build guides as a starting point: https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

But first, I suggest you decide what you want to use it for. Even if you do end up spending $800, you want to spend that on what's important to you.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Yes I have looked at all of the pre builds. I just want to game that is all. I want something better than my xbox or PS4.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Well assuming one of those guides meets your needs, I'd use that as a starting point: the CPU/RAM/GPU etc are well balanced in terms of performance and price.

Save a copy of the parts list, switch out the RAM for yours, adjust the storage to meet your needs and change the case to suit your preference.

Zerk's build will blow the socks off any console, but you need to consider which games you'll be playing before you can decide which build to base yours on.

You might be able to spend much less than $800.

Or much more... :)

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the help.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Most welcome!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube