add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Random Computer Restarts After Build

Ptart101

2 months ago

First build, probably missing something obvious. Fully built and installed (using said computer currently). In the middle of Youtube, Minecraft, checking email (random) will freeze up and then restart.

I have a few hunches on what it might be. I've tried updating the GPU and cooling. Using a Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler, had to overwrite the CPU fan in the bios to be able to start. Still shows up as a cooling fan and keeps the temp down but I've been setting manually and have reached a high of maybe 30C. Is there some software to mitigate this better that I haven't found yet? Is it possible that my CPU is just freaking out thinking that it can't control its own temperature and restarting? Or am I missing something much more basic since this is my first build?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Restarts are usually the PSU.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube