add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC For Gaming and 3D Modelling

blink4valium

3 months ago

Budget: Max Spending No Higher than £1500 Location: United Kingdom Use: Gaming and 3D Modelling Peripherals Required: Need (Only 1) Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse, however i may just end up buying the Keyboard and Mouse myself as i don't mind, however i will take any recommendations Operating System required: Would prefer to stick to a Windows OS

Hi! My name is Joe and i am looking for a specific kind of PC, in short i need a PC that needs to run these programs/software: - 3Ds Max - Blender - Standard Microsoft Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.) I essentially need a PC for working on my Student work which will be essentially 3D modelling on 3Ds Max maybe Blender. However, i would also like to play games on my PC as well, to help i will provide a list of games i wish to play: - Rainbow Six Siege - Destiny 2 - Hunt: Showdown - Mordhau For my games i dont need top-end graphics so longs as i can retain smooth game play or around 60 ish FPS i will be happy.

Sorry if i included too much detail, just wanted to get everything down, Thanks.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Went a little over but your requirements were a bit challenging to fit into 1500, to cut costs a bit you could source windows elsewhere for less and perhaps drop the noctua, and use the stock cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor £296.98 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler £55.47 @ Scan.co.uk
Motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard £189.66 @ More Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £119.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Storage Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive £99.99 @ Ebuyer
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card £376.99 @ Box Limited
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower Case £58.47 @ Ebuyer
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply £84.98 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit £83.00 @ Amazon UK
Monitor Samsung LC27JG50QQNZA 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor £280.95 @ Senetic
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1646.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-07 17:00 GMT+0000
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

With plenty of storage. 1502.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/psLyk6

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you have 3 different types of storage? Also the 2060 super is overkill for a 1080p monitor, you could go with a 1660 Super for that. And the b450 boards won't be able to properly support the better CPU this person will likely need moving forward. I started my list with a 3900x but it was out of budget.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The 2060 Super is not overkill for a 144hz monitor, it's also not having driver issues like the 5700 is.

You did see he is also using work programs, m.2 drive for the OS and programs, 1TB SSD for games and work space 3TB for storage. Not my fault people that don't use their PC for work think a 1TB drive is big enough. (I have 5 drives in my PC over 6TB of storage)

The motherboard will support any AM4 processors and their only going to release one more for AM4 so the upgrade argument is just dead air.

That Intel drive is not what to buy for a work and game PC it slows to a craw as it fills up.

Better overall build than yours for what he is using his PC for and right in budget.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you guys are having trouble finding a build for me, you don't have to take into account the specific games, this PC is honestly just for work and I'll probably only be playing Destiny 2 and Rainbow Six Siege

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube