add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I want to roll

pqorer1
  • 5 months ago

I want to PK roll, but everytime I try, I sorta side roll and when I got my direction somewhat right, I roll straight on my shoulder. Any idea how I can avoid those issues?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Use your arms to guide your direction and tuck your head into your chest. Keep in mind that your body's positioning should not be perfectly symmetrical along the axis of movement as you will need one leg behind the other in order to keep moving at speed when the roll is done.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'll do that

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

let me guess, you're using a yoyo?

• 5 months ago
  • 0 points

Uhh... wut?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

idk what you're talking about, so I made a guess

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Roll on the ground.

Should've asked this on r/parkour...

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 2 points

OK... soo

a good way to start is crouching down

1. put your hands so your thumbs and index fingers make a triangle and turn your hands to a 45 degree angle (higher side is the shoulder you want to roll over

2. lean foreward and when your hands hit the ground let your forearms bend and you should push up with your legs while turning your head away from your rolling shoulder you should roll onto your shoulder and over your back

3. refine and smooth step 2 as to have the least bumps on the ground and try to enjoy the fall

4. once you have step 2 refined, move up to standing and moving into a crouch to roll and you should be good!!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

It... works, actually

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

also make sure not to roll along ur spine as that hurts

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I tried out that one on grass. It hurted.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

its even worse on concrete

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

“PK roll”

At first I thought this was something about Smash Bros. Then I read the comments and realized you’re doing something irl.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Where are those Droidekas?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

wut m8? wut doez dat meanz?

Edit: OK, relatable

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Never knew what that was called. I've done them before. I had the same issue you had the first couple of times, I think what I did was try to use my head more if that makes sense. If you end up paralyzed I am not liable.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Like you used your head to control your body?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Its been a few years so I can't exactly recall what I did but I'm pretty sure I did was try to land on my head (not actually land on it though) more which in turn made me stop rolling sideways.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube