add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Drive Wiping Software

tmmausol

1 month ago

I'm looking for the best way to wipe an SSD that is already installed in a system so that it can be used for storage. It has an OS and miscellaneous files and other software on it, but it's no longer the boot drive. Any Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I've used a few utilities like DBAN, CCleaner's drive wipe tool, and you could probably just use Window's own disk management to format the disk.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'd recommend the latter. Dban is awkward to get setup sometimes and doesn't always like to work the way it's supposed to.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Some SSD the original maker software for ssd management has a cleaner in it. (such as Samsung Magician - SecurErase)

If you don't care about secure I'd just do a windows format.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Reformat it with windows, since you have a old OS on it you might need to unhook all other drives and use the disc to do it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube