add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New SSD M.2 only showing up in storage management..?

jake2917

3 months ago

I'll start this post off by straight up asking my question to try & save you from reading the entire post because I'm sure half the things i'll write won't be needed. If I plugged my new SSD M.2 into my second M.2 slot, will my new SSD be conflicting with my HDD (because the shared bandwidth between the M.2 & a SATA port)? I just added a Intel 660p to my system as a second M.2 (not a replacement) & when I booted up I was able to find it under my storage management (reading as unallocated at first). Now its showing as "Disk 0, Online, Healthy (Primary Partition)" but I'm unable to find it outside of the storage management. I'm guessing maybe I have to switch my HDD to the next SATA port? I figured I'd seek help before messing up my 2hrs of cable management in my system for one cord lol shoot, with my experience I probably won't need to do any of this **** I just wrote here..

Oh, if for some reason you needed to know I have an: Asus Prime Z370-P. Thanks for the any help, this community has saved me a lot of headache in the past, I'm very thankful!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

In disc management right click it and hit delete volume. Then right click it again and create volume. Go through the windows leaving everything on default and you will set an active partition of the full volume of the drive and give it a drive letter for file explorer to see.

If you can see the drive in disk management then there is no conflict of the sata port for your HDD overriding the m.2 port. If that was the case only one of them would even show in disk management.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll give that a shot now, thanks mate!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You're a beast man! Lol took me less than a minute to do it & its working as it should be now! Thanks again

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries, have fun with your new SSD!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's already showing you just format it and assign it a drive letter.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube