add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wii U external drive

swiceguy

70 months ago

Hi guys. First post here.

I'm looking for a simple self-powered 500GB USB 2.0 external hard drive for my Wii U, and have been going in circles for 2 weeks now. It seems that these drives are hard to find, and when I do find one, the price is insane.

Does anyone have any insight on external hard drives for the Wii U with these specs?

Thanks.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply.

Budget is around the $100 range. I'm getting tired of wasting space, so 500 is the biggest I'd like to go. Maybe 750. Thanks again

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply as well.

I read in the Amazon comments that some people were having issues with the Seagate Expansion series, something about the enclosure being faulty after a certain amount of data is on the drive. Ever heard of that?

Yeah that is definitely a better $/GB, but I guess I'm just getting sick of buying space I won't use. I can't imagine I'd fill up a TB, even if I went all digital for Wii U. Also I'm hoping for one with its own power supply.

Thanks guys. I need to decide if I want to save money, or tend to my OCD about unused space. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube