add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RGB software for components across multiple brands

M0RKILLZ.twitch

6 months ago

Hey guys, first post in a while,

I have long since completed my dream build as listed below

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor Purchased For $299.00
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $139.42 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard $127.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $69.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $69.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GAMING X 8G Video Card Purchased For $440.00
Case NZXT - S340 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $130.00
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Monoprice
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $119.98 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Corsair - SP120 57.24 CFM 120 mm Fans -
Monitor Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor Purchased For $440.00
Monitor HP - 22cwa 21.5" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor $99.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Corsair - K63 Wired Gaming Keyboard $49.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse $47.05 @ Amazon
Headphones Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset $77.99 @ Amazon
Custom Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam $49.99 @ Amazon
Custom RGB Soft Gaming Mouse Pad, 9 Lighting Modes,Glowing Led Mouse pad,Non-Slip Rubber Base Computer Mousepad Mat,31.5X 11.8in $31.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2353.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-16 02:37 EDT-0400

As you can see, there is little cohesion with the components. My AIO and keyboard are Corsair, my mouse and webcam are logitech, my GPU and Mobo are MSI, and my RAM is G.Skill. Furthermore, I now believe the RAM was intel-optimized so only one stick properly syncs with the motherboard. (I have attempted reseating it to no avail)

The keyboard, case fans, mouse and mousepad generally have no issue with color control. The other RGB components have issues however. after every login or restart I need to load up either aura or the g.skill software for the ram and then ICUE for the AIO. If I don't do this, one stick of the RAM will fade in and out orange and the AIO pump will go rainbow. Furthermore the RGB logo on the side of 1080 will stay solid white.

Ideally I would like a program with which I can control the lighting on the RAM, GPU, AIO and even the Mobo at once and save the settings so they don't revert on waking up or restarting the PC. I understand this may not work for the RAM and that is acceptable; It's what I get for buying Intel RAM for Ryzen. Also, as a side note, I would rather it didn't trigger Easy Anticheat every time I try to play a game.

I have tried ICUE, Ryzen Master, Aura, and MSI MysticLight.

Thanks for any suggestions/feedback!

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

IS this your question:

Ideally I would like a program with which I can control the lighting on the RAM, GPU, AIO and even the Mobo at once

what happens when you mix hardware with different rgb software? Your build

Think you need to figure out what can you live with that is RGB connected. Uninstall the unneeded rgb software.

I have not read of any magic software to sync up many different rgb software. I dont think it is possible unless you go through the hassel you told us and never turn off your system when everything possible is running at one time :)

edit: can you share an image of your rgb connected the best that you can?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube