add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Worth getting the 3600x over the 3600?

giacomolaw
  • 10 months ago

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/4041vs4040

On a tight budget, but could drop the hard drive size if it was worth getting the x over the normal one.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

With how bad this generation overclocks I would say Yes.

Spire instead of Stealth.

Single core boosts are better.

Drives are cheap and easy to add in later.

Single core performance is the major difference and You are not going to gain that through overclocking the 3600.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

They are not bad at overclocking, they are just binned well and you are getting all most all of the performance you can out of the box.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

It isn't binning when they all overclock the same.

And arguing it doesn't change there isn't enough headroom to make the effort worth the time.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Get the R3600.

Both should be able to OC the same if that's your goal.

Now for a bit more stock and boost clock, i don't know if its worth spending $50 more. So if you are on a budget, the R3600 would be the smartest choice.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, going for it. Thanks

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Have fun with your NEW! Ryzen 5 3600 processor. :D

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I err towards the 3600X here. You are buying a new CPU, get the best you can afford. You can buy a harddrive anytime. At the time of writing it appears that this AMD lineup is not going to win any overclocking awards, so gains yielded by 3600X are unlikely going to be surmounted by OC'ing the 3600 [poor argument anyway since one could always OC the 3600X mainting advantage]. That said, the two chips appear oddly close performance wise .........

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Doesn't looks like that is worth the $50.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll stick with the 3600 then - thanks!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, same performance on gaming.. 2%- 3% difference overall..

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thanks. I'll stick with the 3600.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say yes. You get a better cooler and way more room for overclocking. If you do not plan on overclocking than I would say go with the 3600.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube