add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Editing Softwar

once_upon_a_goat

5 months ago

I am seriously considering getting into YouTube but the primary thing that is holding me back is editing the videos that I will produce. Does anyone know any good software to use that is easy to learn to start with? I have done a little research and have considered the student discount for Adobe Products but I don't want to commit to $19.99/month.

And ugh I missed the "e" in software... and can't edit the title lmao.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

i would suggest go for Camtasia software, i have been using it on my Citrix Vdi since a long time for technical turtorials.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I will look into that, thank you!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Did it worked for you

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't had time to start the channel with work and all but I started looking into the various programs that were suggested and play around with some videos I just had from other stuff.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Davinci Resolve has been my recommendation for free editing. I don't know about it being particularly easy to learn- at least not compared to less fully featured editors- but as a popular tool there are many tutorials out there.

Hitfilm Express also has many tutorials out there and may be worth looking into.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I will definitely look into Davinci Resolve, thank you!

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

another shout for Davinci Resolve, fantastic product, very capable and there is lots of documentation and how-to guides so not too difficult to learn. The free version is fine for 90% of users and includes audio and fx tools.

There are also fine alternatives to Photoshop and most other Adobe products now so there's no need to give Adobe any of your money.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Ha, I was hoping to not have to feed Adobe some cash so thank you for giving details on Davinci Resolve.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I don't have specific advice about software. But I can tell you after paying for web space for 15 years that once you get over that hump of paying for something you get used to it. Yeah free is good, I used various free space solutions fo years and worked around their limitations and it was mostly fine for just screwing around. Paying for space has some tangible benefits.

But $20 a month for something that's just a hobby and doesn't make any money is cheap entertainment from my perspective. And you have the option to cancel a subscription at any time. I'm not saying you have to or should use Adobe products, just saying it might not be the worst decision in the world either, even if you decide to quit after a month or two.

Worst thing that can happen is you decide you really like Adobe products and now you're on the hook. =p

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for replying! I have kinda been thinking it's gonna get to that point where I just pay and see how it goes.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I have been using Cyberlink Powerdirector for years at youtube with 4K game videos

review https://www.pcmag.com/review/315792/cyberlink-powerdirector

https://www.amazon.com/Cyberlink-PowerDirector-16-Ultra-Software/dp/B075MPBD7R

https://www.newegg.com/cyberlink-powerdirector-17-ultra/p/N82E16832117217

I have bought PowerDirector as low as $29.99

if after 30 days, you can get refund in full

RAGE 2 both 1080 and 4K resolution with powerdirector 14 https://youtu.be/HApdQmpyH7s

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I will certainly look into it. I may try some free editing software first then move to this after I get through the "do I really wanna do this" phase.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube