add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is Everything Okay?

ProbablyProdigy

5 months ago

Starting to believe that there is something wrong with my R7 2700X. Recently posted another topic back when I was using the Lian-Li PC-O11 and the 2700X stock cooler. I was concerned after trying many solutions so I ended up investing in a Meshify C and Kraken X52 AIO after no luck in getting temperatures down with the previous setup. This is at completely stock settings other than XMP set to my RAM's rated 3466mhz. I did try dialing it back to 3200 but that did nothing. Also, if it helps, my motherboard disables XFR 2.0 from default. I've tried this with XFR both on and off, not much changes.

It may be a 'safe' temperature according to AMD but I am still uncomfortable with it and it blows my mind that a case with MUCH better airflow and an AIO, nothing changes. I guess that is whats bugging me the most.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/320457-ryzen-7-2700x-temperature

So, now I'm getting the following using OCCT.

6 minutes in: 84.75c and steady at 1.15v - 1.28v

Idle: 63-75c and vcore around 1.24-1.48v (weird that there's more voltage at idle?)

Temperatures fluctuates a lot. Vcore fluctuates a lot at idle. Twice, temps has dipped all the way down to 55c or so but soon jumps back up to 69-75c

Airflow. Two fans are on the top as exhaust, AIO is in the front with the two fans as intakes (mounted against the case pushing through the radiator), 1 fan in rear as exhaust. My plans were to put the AIO on top, however, my motherboard doesn't allow.

Screen Shots

https://imgur.com/a/VRWyZ9l

This is my updated list.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $279.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $124.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard $229.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3466 Memory $144.99 @ Newegg
Storage ADATA - XPG SX8200 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $79.99 @ Amazon
Storage ADATA - Ultimate SU800 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $94.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card $534.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case $94.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $99.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM 120 mm Fan $24.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1884.55
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $1834.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-20 01:54 EDT-0400

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you tried re-mounting the cpu with better thermal paste, also making sure the thermal paste spread out evenly? Also, what’s the ambient temperature in the room where the pc is?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't since installing the AIO last night but I will do that again just in case. Ambient stays around 20c when I'm home so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have not done this yet, download Ryzen Master and check you temps with that. Perhaps OCCT is not displaying the correct temps and voltage.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I have also used Ryzen Master due to the 10c offset that I've been told about. It shows very similar temperatures.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

So when you say...

So, now I'm getting the following using OCCT. 6 minutes in: 84.75c and steady at 1.15v - 1.28v

Are you seeing 84.75c on your screen? If so your temperature is really 74.75c, which is pretty good.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

So does OCCT and Ryzen Master include the 10c offset? I've been told that Ryzen Master does not show you the offset so I was assuming that the 85c was actually 85c.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Your right, I looked. Ryzen Master does not show the offset. So it does seem like you CPU is just to warm.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube