add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New pc power supply won't turn on

GreeD910

5 months ago

Hi, I recently decided to build a new PC for the first time and after doing my research and ordering all the parts, I had finally started to build it. After I was done building it (or so I thought) it just wouldn't turn on. I thought it might be the PSU (a 500w bq evga) and did the paperclip test and i still got nothing, so I went to best buy, gave evga a second chance and bought a 600w PSU for around the same price as the first one. I ran into the same problem and it just wouldn't turn on and I'm not entirely sure what to do as I've sank most of my money into this pc (im only 17 so it takes awhile for me to get this much money). Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Are all plugs and cables firmly plugged in? Did you throw the switch on the power supply in addition to pressing the power button on the case? Does anything at all happen when you press the power button?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I've checked the connections many times, I've had the PSU switched on, and still nothing happens

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe the motherboard is bad. All the power is transferred through that to the other components.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

When you turn on the power switch on the PSU, do any lights on the motherboard come on? Also, is everything 100% plugged in such as the power button headers on the mobo, cpu power, mobo power, gpu power (if you have dedicated graphics)? Have you tried making sure there isn’t anything wrong with the outlet you are plugging the pc into?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I've checked all the connections, there are no lights that come on to indicate power and I've tried different outlets too

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube