add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer Display keeps turning off

StewyKaBlewy

8 months ago

I recently built my very first computer and everything has worked fine except a few days ago when I noticed a problem. About 30-40 minutes into a game of World War Z or Division 2 my computer display will turn off. Originally I thought it was just overheating so I messed around with settings for a while in the Bios and turned my cpu cooler (the cooler that comes with the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X) to turbo. And sure enough about 30 minutes in it turned off again. This time I noticed that the DRAMM Led was turning on on my motherboard. I have re-seated the ram multiple times and cleaned it using an eraser but nothing seams to help. I have overclocked my computer a tiny bit but pretty sure not enough to make it crash like that. Here is the complete parts list:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card
Case: NZXT - H500i ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the computer display turn off or is the computer turning off? How do you get the image to come back?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s the display that turns off the computer stays on and the LED on the motherboard is lighting up indicating DRAM. The only way I have figured out on how to get the image back is to completely shut off my computer and turn it back on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube