add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Z390 Motherboard

TMatzelle60

5 months ago

I am looking into a Z390 Motherboard for the 9900K

I hear a lot of good things about the Z390 Aorus Master but I am concerned how is there motherboards?

Reliable? Well Built?

Worried about DOA and problems on Gigabyte boards never used them

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Gigabyte has arguably the best power delivery of any board on the z390 chipset. You can’t go wrong with the master.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard the bios is bad does that mean ill have problems with the board.

I won't be OC till later and I worry about that I will have alot of problems with the board

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

The only issues with the BIOS is that Gigabyte used an older UI design, but that shouldn't create too much fuss.

Getting solid components is what matters more, anyway.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

BIOS can be learned so something like an older style doesn't really hold You back it just means You might need to spend more time looking for what You need to adjust.

Bad or Poor hardware is what it is and will limit You no matter how easy to use the BIOS is.

If You can find both in a board then it's an easy choice.

But with Intel all too many motherboard manufacturers simply copy/paste designs from one motherboard generation to the next.

So some of the Z390 are no different then the similar models dating back three or so generations to when Intel introduced the LGA 1151 socket in 2015 for quad cored models and are not really suitable for double the cores.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube