add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do you think that this build is fine for gaming? I travel a lot, will it get to hot?

Spaiz

8 months ago

I planned this built for next-gen games so what do you think i could improve, also I use some modeling programs so that's why i choose 32 gbs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RbvrZR

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

IMHO the MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC will perform just as well as X470 Strix, and the B450 strix too, for about $60 less. The only downside is that it only has one system fan header which you can fix with a cheap fan hub if you need it. Shouldn't really be an issue in an HTPC.

As to will it over heat, maybe with the 2700X. You will likely be fine with the cryorig cooler but may have to replace the stock fan. I would also suggest a more robust thermal paste like thermal grizzly Kryonaut to help with temps.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you plan on overclocking? If not, the stock air cooler is sufficient. Also, I’d look into a 7200rpm hdd, a better psu, and you can get m.2s with more storage for the same price from other companies.

What’s your budget?

Better storage option: PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Storage ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $149.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $149.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-10 14:08 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $74.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $74.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-10 14:13 EDT-0400
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think so, yeah i would like to use the stock cooler but i'm not sure if it will fill in the case, and what do you mean with a better PSU? like higher capacity? and thank you for the tips

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube