add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AOC G2590PX vs ASUS MG248QE

Evilernut08

3 months ago

I need help on deciding which one will suit my purposes better. They are both around the same price. I do moderate gaming, but mainly use my computer for productivity.

I just need a good 24"+ 144Hz 1080p 1ms monitor.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I do moderate gaming, but mainly use my computer for productivity.

Well productivity seems to be the main use but if it is video or image work colour accuracy may be much more important than a speedy display for gaming. The 2 main types of screens are TN and IPS where TN is a lot faster so easier to get 144hz 1ms response time yet has worse viewing angles and not so vibrant colours. IPS does better colour accuracy, better viewing angles, but is slower and usually see 60hz 4-5ms response times.

I am currently running a AOC - G2590FX which is very similar to the G2590PX you were looking at and can tell you my experience with it so far. Ghosting is virtually non existent, freesync range is awesome 40-144hz, nice and bright. Cons is that I had to colour calibrate it as it was rather far off out of the box but after calibration colours are good. Blacks are rather light. That may hurt production work but in gaming it may help you see darker areas a tad better. As for my display I feel it was well worth it.

After checking the manual on the MG248QE it seems the freesync range is 40-144 as well. Seems to have a decent number of good reviews too on newegg.ca so it seems like a good display too. Though it seems from what I am reading on it you will likely need to colour calibrate it too. There are guides on youtube on how.

Now since you do both gaming and production work it might be nice to have 2 screens. One of them a TN high refresh rate with freesync and the other a 60hz IPS display. Won't hurt to have extra screen real estate on dual screen while working on production and you can have the best of both worlds. You could buy your gaming display now and save up for a nice 1440p IPS 60hz display for production work. Won't need freesync on it either since that won't matter for production work.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I have decided to get the AOC G2590PX, and I am currently using it right now but I have noticed some things I am not that happy about. I have two other displays, one ASUS VN247HA, and the other a ASUS VN247H (one is 1ms, the other is 5ms. I believe they use different panels).

I'm experiencing some ghosting is some games with the AOC, and also it just sometimes cuts out completely and turns black, coming back on a few seconds later. Also getting the colour to match the other 2 display's is proving quite difficult. It can also make me feel queasy when using it for extended periods. I think I may replace it with the ASUS MG248QE as it has the same aesthetic look as my other 2 display's, is brand matched and hopefully I will not have as many issues.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube