add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my CPU liquid cooler broken?

woxozzPC

9 months ago

A friend built me a gaming PC last month and I just upgraded the air cooler to a liquid cooler. I bought this liquid cooler (Antec Kuhler H2O 620) from a guy in the local area for $40. He sent me a video of it working, but when I got to putting into my PC, it didn't work. I think I got scammed..

When I turn on the PC, the liquid cooler immediately makes this scratchy fizzy noise. The PC stays on for about 20 seconds before turning off. I put toilet paper around some of the tubes just in case it began to leak (it hasn't leaked, yet). Everything should be plugged in correctly.

I literally know nothing about liquid coolers, I only bought one because I've read a lot of interesting things about the AMD FX 9370 and how its power hungry and things and such.

So did I buy a completely wasted liquid cooler or is this fixable? Anything helps.

I don't know if this helps but here are my specs:

FX 9370 CPU 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard RX 580 Graphics 16GB RAM 500GB SSD storage 1TB HDD storage

video: https://imgur.com/gallery/XNgc7Ah

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

um, did you make you sure you plugged in the pump connections correctly? if not then you did get scammed.

although i don't get why it turns off after 20 seconds, does it blue screen? does your case/top of the CPU cooler feel hot?

it also is like a 8 year old liquid Cooler, and the pump is the weakest, most breakable part

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the connections are all plugged in correctly. I double-double checked. I believe it turns off after 20 seconds because the CPU overheats or something. I have seen other people saying on Reddit that it possibly just needs a refill or the removal of air bubbles.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

i don't know if you can do this but put on your Air Cooler to your CPU and plug in the AIO cooler so it's outside the case so you can troubleshoot it easier and see if the pump isn't working or if there is a problem with the liquid

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm trying to do that but the back plate for the original AM3+ bracket is gone. I'll have to go by Frys later today and grab a new one.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

how did you lose that?

I don't know if its worth it once you need to start buying parts to do that.

(couldn't you use the back plate that came with the AOI Cooler? it should line up with the holes right?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube