add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does Anyone Know Of A M.2 Wifi card that will work????

JimmyBoby

9 months ago

I have a ASRock b365m pro4 micro atx motherboard and it only has one pcle slot and I might put a HD60 pro in it and The board has a spot for m.2 WiFi but all the ones I see are laptop cards any recommendations would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

What you want is a m.2 antenna kit to go along with the m.2 wifi card. This one from Amazon for instance, I'm sure there are others.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

A few questions is that WiFi and Bluetooth or just WiFi and where do the antennas go

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Dunno about bluetooth, the antennas presumably go whereever you can fit them. You may need to drill a couple holes in a PCIe end cap or something.

• 9 months ago
  • 0 points

the antenna's are ganna go on the M.2 Slot obviously

and just read the Fking amazon link it should tell you if it supports bluetooth

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

No what I mean is the plastic part of the antennas they don’t go in the m.2 slot

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

the antennas are going to be on the chip that you put into the M.2 slot?

(although i googled M.2 slot wifi adapters and it appears it is a fully integrated system that doesn't use an external antenna, much like the one in your phone)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

You can always opt for a USB 3.0 Wifi dongle? They are generally fairly decent (especially from the brand names such as netgear)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I found out that my I/o shield has a spot for the antennas but I rather have WiFi coming from the motherboard instead of it coming out usb cause it just looks cleaner to me

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok fair enough

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube