add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Game Streaming worth it for me?

TMatzelle60
  • 12 months ago

I enjoy watching peoples streams but the thing is would It be worth it for someone like me that would only focus on the game and really no side chat with followers?

I mean its cool with all the extra accessories to stream and all but I just don't see a point. Is there anyone here who went thought the same thing as me and said ahh streaming is not for me

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 3 points

I am also considering streaming, and I will be starting to stream heavily once summer hits.

I have little experience with streaming but other people have made it very clear to me that community and interaction is a massive part of being a successful streamer. It's not just about the gameplay. it's about your personality and the things you do or ways you act that make your stream unique.

If you aren't going to interact you shouldn't be streaming. If you do not many people are going to stay and watch you as opposed to simply watching a gameplay on say youtube.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

would It be worth it for someone like me that would only focus on the game and really no side chat with followers?

No. Just enjoy your game time =)

I mean its cool with all the extra accessories to stream and all but I just don't see a point.

Because there would be no point. There are already a TON of streamers who don't have your level of self-awareness, who decided to setup streams of their gameplay without considering the fact that they don't actually want to be an entertainer/host. So there are all these streams out there of people just staring slackjawed at their screen while playing Fortnite, not talking, not even looking at the camera ever, just... pointlessly streaming themselves.

If you want to save gameplay though, because we all see cool **** happen that we want to share with someone, just run something like Shadowplay. Then you can upload videos to YouTube/Reddit, or make gifs of it, etc.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

you could start by posting youtube videos and later on, after building a base, move to streaming

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean I just don't seem interested I was think hard about it. I would rather get into VR and the games I play are focus all the time based

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, no. If you want to just play the game, then just play the game. Whats the point of streaming it? People watch streams to watch gameplay, but also interact with the broadcaster. Even if i genuinely enjoy watching a specific game, i'd probably watch it in a stream where i'm enjoying myself. If i wanted to watch a game for pure game and no commentary, then I would just look it up on youtube and watch gameplay on youtube.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube