add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is this monitor good?

ruslanamruddin

2 days ago

this monitor is very mysterious. i tried doing some research on it but there seems to be confusion on its refresh rate, and i couldve find much info. I'm planning to play games, so i wanted to know if this is a good gaming monitor:

Asus - MX279H 27.0" 1920x1080 Monitor

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

Its a 60hz monitor so its not that good if at all

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Well it is an IPS screen but at 1080p@60hz this screen type does have a limited market. Gaming tends to prefer higher refresh rate and going with a TN panel is fine. For content creation and such IPS is a good choice as 60hz is all you need and colour accuracy with larger viewing angles are often preferred but people tend to get 1440p or 4k as more screen real estate. Considering the price I would suspect this creen to be decent for watching movies and such where you sit further back from the screen.

Since OP listed that he uses it for gaming then may I suggest this Dell display. It costs less $150 instead of $180 and is 24" which is still a big size for a 1080p screen. It has Freesync with a decent range and is 144hz. Both AMD and nVidia cards (1000 series or higher) can use freesync so the monitor can adjust its own refresh rate according to your game FPS to prevent screen tearing and such. Problem with 1080p is when you get over a certain size it becomes easier to see the individual pixels and if you sit close enough to a 24" you can see it too. Well same is true on any screen but 1440p and 4k need much larger sizes before that is an issue.

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

Also that dell monitor has ghosting issues as well as dead pixels after 2 months or so people say

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

thanks, that is very helpful information!

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

where did u find this?

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

I looked up that monitor online and checked the specs. I thought I would look through other options and saw that killer deal on the Dell display and thought it might be a good fit. Now freesync does have a range in which it works, from max refresh rate down to a minimal as to where the screen won't lower its refresh rate past and this is known as its freesync range. That dell display has a decent range of 40-144hz. So as long as game FPS is within or greater than that range then you should have no screen tearing issues at all.

Normally a display like that is in the 200-300 range so 150 is a really good deal.

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

Amazon

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube