add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is the Gigabyte 2070 wind force a good card?

DefectedCat

8 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CGYLrH/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-8gb-windforce-video-card-gv-n2070wf3-8gc

this card, on newegg, has terrible reviews about it breaking or freezing/crashing constantly. i want it because it’s a good price, but i want it to work long term obviously.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

The bad reviews are probably related to bad chips/funky drivers, but these should be fixed fairly quickly.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

If possible, see if the reviews go up now that the bugs are fixed by the end of July, if not, best to get a version with a 4+ rating on Amazon with least 5 reviews.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

^^^ there where problems with production up until that point

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I bought a PC with one of those, it artifacted within 2 weeks, got a replacement and that one's fans were not working at all. Needless to say I have gone for a full refund. From what I have read online, Gigabyte are really struggling with the RTX cards, and the customer support is awful. I didn't have to deal with that fortunately, but make sure you know what you're getting into.

Also, those 2 GPU's I dealt with were brand new.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for the reply! i still can’t decide what card to get, since almost all 2070 manufacturers have bad reviews about artifacting and not working after a small amount of time..

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I understand how you feel, I am in this exact same situation. I want RTX for future proofing in my first build, but then I'm also hesitant as I've just had 2 back to back RTX cards crap out on me..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube