add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New first time build; no display or usb working

KingZthe1st

8 months ago

Hello, I recently put together my first pc and I'm having some trouble that I'm hoping someone could help with. I thought I plugged everything in the right location on the motherboard but it can't seem to detect my monitor(fans and motherboard cut on but no screen). Then I just happen to plug in my keyboard and noticed that it wasn't lighting up as it should be so my usbs also aren't working. I'm assuming I've done something wrong so any help would be appreciated greatly as I've been working on it for 4 days.

Parts I'm working with: NZXT H700i - ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case; Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor; CORSAIR H115i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler; ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 AMP (taken out till I can get to BIOS); ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula LGA1151; EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+; G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB; ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Black 27"

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I had something similar, check your power cable going to the CPU. Your motherboard seems to be getting power so that shouldn't be the issue. Otherwise, try reseating the RAM. I'd just plug the GPU in and use that as your display output (plug your monitor cable into the GPU instead).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I have tried reseating the RAM and I've tried both the DP and HDMI (on motherboard and GPU) ports when powering on and got nothing. I thinking that I either don't have something plugged into the motherboard or something's not plugged in correctly.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm with planemaster, double check the power cables going to the motherboard, both 24 pin and the 8-pin CPU cable. If you have another 8 or 4 pin CPU power connector on the motherboard, I'd hook it up as well, although it's not essential. If the power cables are correct, re-check the case wiring to the reset switch etc. If all the cabling is properly seated, try each of the two memory sticks, one at a time, in all 4 memory slots to see if you have a bad stick or a bad slot. All else failing, you may have a DOA motherboard.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Someone pointed out on another forum that I didn't have the 8 pin plugged in so I'm going to do that.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

also make sure your using the Display Ports on the GPU too (I've seen some people not do that...)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube