add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Quiet Fans

Poppa_Silk

7 months ago

Looking to buy x2 140mm and x1-2 120mm case fans. Looking for the quietest option but still provides good airflow, price does not matter.

Thanks

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Best ones I've personally used: 120mm: Noctua NF-A12x25

140mm: beQuiet Silent Wings 3 PWM

I don't think there's anything systemically wrong with beQuiet fans, sounds like mayatola got a bad batch or there's some sort of incompatibility going on.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I dunno, I just plugged them straight into my motherboard (MSI MEG Z390 Ace) and set the fan curve to 50-70% based on system temp (they should never be spinning up to max for any reason). And it was on 3 different sets of 3 120mm High Speed PWM fans (9 total fans). Maybe the High Speed PWM models have a problem? For some reason, they are cheaper than the non high speed models on Amazon.

In any case, the Noctua Chromax fans are incredible. The only negative is that the "extension cable" is short as hell (maybe 5-6 inches?). Thankfully I have a splitter that can chain them all to a header on the board.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted" to "Hardware > Other".

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't get be quiet! fans. I've returned 9 so far on Amazon because after 3 weeks they are making clicking noises and randomly spinning up to full RPM. They worked perfectly from the start but suddenly just go crazy on me.

Bought Noctua Chromax fans and will replace the be quiet! fans tomorrow. Just be warned if you buy be quiet! fans. At least buy from somewhere with a good return policy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube