add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU temp

bootysweat44

7 months ago

I have a ryzen 2700x with the stock cooler and while playing games my temps go to the most of 85 to a low of 82 Celsius, should i change out my cooler? or is this normal?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Few questions, Did you overclock? If so what speed and voltage? Also what PC case do you have and what fan setup do you have? Also ambient temps in your room is another factor for temps.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont overclock and my room temps are around 25 C. My case is NXZT h500i and i have the basic fans that come with the case

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

If you only have the stock fans then you have 2 exhaust fans, one at the top and one at the back. You might want to add 2x 120mm fans in the front as intake as it may help stimulate more airflow.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qLkwrH/thermaltake-case-fan-clf038pl12wta

That is a nice and cheap fan that has white LED (neutral colour) that will work well for intake on that case. While gaming the heat from the video card is also in the case so the faster the air gets replaced in the case the cooler things will run. You could always get a budget air cooler like a be quiet pure rock but if you are not overclocking stock cooler should be fine.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

As Tetsuclaw stated and maybe you haven't enough airflow inside the Case for expelling the hot air out.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah there are like a million factors that play into what kind of thermals you get so it is hard to give advice with next to no information other than the end result of the temp.

Other part is considering the type of load, is it actually maxing out or nearly maxing out the CPU or only running it at half power to get those temps. If it is a max load low 80s doesn't sound too bad at all but if that is at half load I would be worried and want to fix the issue.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah more info from the OP would be more helpful. lol

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

one more question, what are you using to determine temps? HWinfo64 or Ryzen Master are reliable for temps, some other programs aren't.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I am using some software called CAM

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I think CAM is OK, but you might want to download / run hwinfo64 anyway, it's free and properly reports a lot of info. If you're really in the mid-80's Celcius for Tctrl, that's a bit high. (Tctrl is the actual die temp Tdie plus 10C for Ryzen.) I think you may end up with a better cooler eventually, but I'll echo the others and suggest an intake fan or two first; you'll want them regardless.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube