add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this build good? First timer here.

ccat676
  • 11 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3Gd3P3

Going to be using for medium to heavy graphics intensive games, may overclock some, and I have a cheapo monitor to use on the side to monitor temps fps etc.

Games include rust, Fo4, Anthem, sekiro, r6,etc.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

It'll do anything, just the value isnt amazing

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Allow me to piggyback on this; The build that you have listed is, without a doubt, extremely powerful and should have no real issues with graphic intensive games. My only concern is that you may be purchasing a 9900k when it isn't completely necessary. In terms of gaming performance, yes, the 9900k is the best- however, the negligible differences you will end up seeing in framerates over a 9700k (for example) may not be worth it in the end. On the other hand, if you plan on using this machine as a workstation at any point the 9900k may be useful. Although this is just my two cents, I would personally recommend spending a bit less on the CPU and going with a 9700k.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Hes got a point, and I agree ^

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

How so?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's my take on this:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $484.99 @ Walmart
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $149.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $81.29 @ Newegg
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $109.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.44 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card $509.99 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case $89.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fan Raidmax - NV-R120TP 64 CFM 120mm Fan $16.49 @ Amazon
Other Alienware 34' GSYNC $620.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2414.02
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-02 11:19 EDT-0400
  • I somewhat disagree with above. I would choose the 9900K over the 9700K for gaming any day right now. Given the listed games you play, you clearly play AAA games, and games working towards using more cores and threads is becoming more common. In the past six months, we've already seen a good number of AAA games use 12+ threads, so I wouldn't buy an 8 thread CPU if I intend to play new games because the 9900K will just offer more longevity. Threads don't bring FPS performance, they bring frame consistency when they're needed and that reduces micro stutter which the eyes easily.

• Changed the cooler to a 280mm because it will do better for overclocking and this is cheaper, so there's not really an argument to pitch for the 240mm unless you want the white colour.

• Motherboard is just a suggestion for you to consider. The AORUS PRO, as far as I'm aware, has better VRMs, a better heatsink, etc, so I'd go with it. Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the MSI motherboard, so if you prefer MSI, go for it.

• Cheaper and faster RAM, no contest. The CL15 vs CL16 difference won't make any difference in performance, so don't worry about it.

• There's not much reason to get a TLC SATA SSD any more, and not much reason to get two separate drives, rather than getting two 500 GB SSDs, just get a 1 TB 660p, it's cheaper and there's less fuss.

• PSU is just an alternative for consideration. They are practically the same, equally good in quality, same warranty length and great units altogether. Just highlighting it so you can get whichever is cheapest at the time of purchase.

• Slightly cheaper overall.

• Just my opinion.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube