add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1700x Vs. 2600x

DanDan825

25 days ago

Hello just wondering for my budget gaming,streaming build which would be better, a ryzen 1700x, or 2600x. ( pared with rtx 2060 ) Thanks!

Comments

• 25 days ago
  • 2 points

For streaming, the 1700X wins out (you get more resources, which come in handy if you’re planning to run a CPU based encoder)

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

If using CPU based encoding the 1700X two more cores and four threads are worth it.

If You are using the GPU or a capture card for the encoding then it really doesn't make much of a difference there is so little performance difference between those CPU.

I would go with the 1700X You have both with it better CPU based encoding and if You are not using the CPU for encoding it really isn't any worse.

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Worth noting that the 2600X comes with a decentish cooler and runs ~4GHZ under most workloads.

The 1700X will require an aftermarket cooler so will wind up with about a $20-45 higher implementation cost depending on the cooler selected. At stock clocks this runs at ~3.5GHZ under most workloads. A Fixed 3.8GHZ+ overclock is likely with aftermarket cooling on a decent motherboard if you're interested in overclocking.

Big picture, I think the 1700X offers more value to the build. The rationalizations that might lead to the 2600X would ultimately point to the i5-9400F as the superior choice in this segment.

1700/1700X for streaming while gaming with CPU encoder.

9400F for streaming while gaming with GPU encoder.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube