add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Removing "transport safety"

Auso

23 days ago

Hello, I just got a new, pre-build pc and found this little instruction paper among the various manuals and CDs.

It reads: "Please remove the transport safety (black cable binders) from the graphic card before operating the PC"

Since I don't see anything on the outside I assume its something I have to open the PC for. Given the lack of precise instructions this should be trivial but I'm an amateur with hardware and would like to avoid ruining the warranty.

Does someone have experience with cases like these, is it easy to do? Its probably an odd question but any hints or instructions would be a great help.

Comments

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

I really don't have a clue what these black safety binders are.

Does your Case have a side panel window?

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

It does.

https://i.imgur.com/Hu0bwIP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

It looks kind of fragile to me but the dark black band seems to be it. Can I just carelessly cut it away?

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah looks like they stuck a ziptie around it, verify it is not holding anything else and just carefully cut it (in an open place) with wire snips or heavy shears. Make sure the video card is still fully in the slot, it should be. Must be they shook out on them and this holds it in. Those zipties are usually pretty tough.

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

Yes that seems to be a cable tie or sort off.

That's the first time i saw a GPU with a zip tie that way. lol

Yes you can cut it with a sharp-edged scissor, depending how tight the zip tie is wrapped around the GPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube