add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my cpu able to be overclocked? If so could someone please recommend a yt video or something to help me. Thx

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the 2200G can be overclocked. Both the CPU part itself and built in Graphics card. Though last part is not important given you have a RX570.

Look up 2200g overclocking guide and will see lots of results returned. ananatech have a guide with a specific page on the Gigabyte Bios: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12542/overclocking-the-amd-ryzen-apus-guide-results

Make sure that you have also enabled the XMP profile for that RAM kit in the BIOS so its actually running at 3200 MHz.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you and yes I checked my RAM and it wasn’t running at 3200mhz but now it is.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

did you have any luck overclocking the cpu?

With decent airflow in the case and stock cooler you can probably push it close to 4ghz. Though it looks like to get there the voltage has to jump close to 1.5v. I am going to bet you can scale back closer to 3.8ghz - 3.9ghz and be in the 1.3 - 1.375v range.

I know with my 2600 i didn't want to push much past 1.435v with the stock cooler, I have good air flow.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

1.435V is still considered high by AMD standards. Recommended voltage for daily use usually sites around 1.35, though you could probably get away with 1.4.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube