add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor for a Ryzen 5 2400G

andrewrayhons

1 month ago

I bought a CPU / MB combo from Microcenter, and got everything built, but after installing windows, and updating drivers, my monitor won't load past the motherboard splash screen. It just goes blank. It's plugged into the onboard DVI connection on my Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, but I just can't get anything on the monitor. If I throw in an old PCIe video card, and plug into that, I can get the monitor to work just fine.

It's only after I install the Radeon Vega software that the DVI port seems to not work anymore. Do I need to buy an HDMI monitor to pair with the 2400G? I've read some comments about it, but nothing definitive states so. Any help here?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Update:

I found out that I do indeed have to run to an HDMI monitor as the DVI will not work past POST. Found a cheap enough 1080p 22 inch monitor to fit the bill.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube