add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there a huge or noticeable difference between 60hz and 75hz?

FierceDeity021

1 month ago

Trying to decide what monitor I should get.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The higher the refresh rate, the smoother the movements are (as long as your PC can provide you with stable frame rates).

Now, if your PC cannot provide you 75 FPS constantly in the games you want to play, there's much point getting a 75 Hz display over a 60 Hz display (do you get stable 60 FPS at least?)

After a while, you can't really see the difference between higher refresh rates. Some say you can feel it though (hence there are 240 Hz displays).

On the other hand, it also depends on what you want to do? If you want to work, 60 Hz is fine. (Hell, 30 Hz would be fine).

If you want to play game, most games are all right on 60 Hz. You would want more refresh rate in real-time quick changing games, such as first person shooters, especially if you're playing it competitively.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Now, if your PC cannot provide you 75 FPS constantly in the games you want to play, there's much point getting a 75 Hz display over a 60 Hz display (do you get stable 60 FPS at least?)

I assume you meant there's not much point getting a 75 Hz display over a 60 Hz display?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the correction. That's what I meant. +1 XD

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Sick. I'm going to have an R7 1700 and a 1660ti in my build. Pretty sure my build can handle 75hz.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

75hz is noticeably smoother then 60hz to the point under 60fps starts becoming annoying even with frame syncing tech.

For 1080p where You can find it commonly it really isn't any more expensive at least in the U.S. market and is still relatively hardware friendly to push the needed frame rates to really benefit from it I3-8100/R5 1600 or higher and the vast majority of titles will keep 99% of the frames decent.

So at least at that resolution I wouldn't bother getting a normal 60hz unit.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube