add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Friend Wants to Upgrade From a 7 Year-Old Laptop

GRANDSPORTER

4 months ago

So my friend really wants to purchase parts for a gaming PC build he wants to do in the near future. He is deciding to ditch his old laptop and switch to a PC. I've helped him out with the list and I just want some professional opinions on what needs to be improved. Thank you for your time and help! Oh, and the Ryzen 2700x will be converted to a Ryzen 3700x when that releases.

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GRANDSPORTER/saved/DnmbXL

Games he wants to play: Apex Legends, Fortnite, CSGO, GTA V, and other AAA games in the future

Budget: No more than $1,650

Things that he wants: Black and white color scheme, and RGB where possible

P.S: All parts need to be purchased from Micro Center so if possible list parts that can be found at Micro Center

Once again, thank you for your time and professional opinion!

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

If you have in mind to get an Ryzen 3000 processor, there is no point for paying 300 bucks on a 2700X.

And i would start with this one!

Keep in mind that's an in store purchase only!

If you wanna select the remaining parts from Microcenter, just let me know.

I have not much time to search with Microcenter prices in mind, without being sure you will get the parts from that store at the end. :)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

We would get the 3000 processor after it releases, that's when the build process would start. And yes we are planning on buying all the parts from Microcenter.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

We would get the 3000 processor after it releases, that's when the build process would start.

Until then, a lot of prices will change. There is no point making a part list today, if you start purchasing the parts sometime in July.

I mean that makes sense, right?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are going to spend that much money put in a bigger SSD, 120GB is pretty little, considering other drives aren't that much more.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube