add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheap and efficient gaming pc (light gaming)

DodanTheEverchosen

7 months ago

Please let me know if everything here appears compatible (the part list says it's compatible, but I'd like a human opinion.) And if you have any suggestions.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $179.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler $39.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $88.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - T-Force Delta RGB 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $55.98 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $77.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - Radeon RX 570 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card $139.99 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case $46.23 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $38.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $727.93
Mail-in rebates -$60.00
Total $667.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-16 21:48 EDT-0400

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't like that mobo because it has no sinks on the vrm, but it will work, it may have issue if you overclock. You can get an intel 660 m.2 cheaper than the sata drive, and its 3X faster and no cables.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn’t know the internal SSD exists. Where does it get installed? Does my motherboard have a spot for it?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The m.2 slot is above the GPU pcie it sits sideways, its a card, the plug is above the right end of the gpu slot in the photos. There are two different m.2 a sata that runs like a normal sata drive and a pci nvme that runs much faster, this board supports Nvme. If you want to move this drive to a machine without m.2 you may not want it, but at this time it appears to be the future of drives. Using the m.2 slot will disable sata ports 5 and 6, but you still have 4 ports left. The chips used in SSD drives are faster than sata III and the Nvme allows that extra speed, they are both ssd drives using same or similar chips. The intel 660 is not the fastest m.2 drive its in the middle, 3x faster than sata while expensive ones are 6x faster, but the price has come down about the same as a sata ssd and its 3x faster and no cables to hook it up. Which makes it tough to ignore.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube