• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ItJustWorks 2 days ago

I recently overclocked my GPU for the first time (Asus RoG Strix 1070 OC version), and it's been going well in all of my games except for Fortnite. In Fortnite the game occasionally crashes on me, and I kinda don't want to jump to conclusions because it runs perfectly fine in literally any other game I play.

Using MSI Afterburner: Core voltage +40, Power limit 111, Core clock +80 (2101mhz), Memory clock, +300 (4303mhz)

If you wonder why my core voltage isn't at max, I was told differently about how maxing out the voltage can shorten the life of a graphics card (more than an overclock already could)

Comments Sorted by:

mark5916 1 point 2 days ago

I wouldn't even touch the voltages of the GPU. Raising the core and ram clock only should be enough.

Some games doesn't like an overclock, regardless if it applies to the CPU and (or) GPU.

If you run the game on the default manufacturer clocks of that GPU and Fortnite doesn't crash on you, most probably the GPU OC is the culprit.

ItJustWorks submitter 1 point 1 day ago

It was running fine with no problems on stock.

And since I'm still a newbie with PCs I'm going to ask this; doesn't raising the core voltage help the stability?

mark5916 1 point 1 day ago

And since I'm still a newbie with PCs I'm going to ask this; doesn't raising the core voltage help the stability?

If it works yes, but sometimes it makes the build unstable.

It was running fine with no problems on stock

You could just raise the frequencies of the GPU without touching the voltages until you get stable overclock.

Then try Fortnite again.