add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
kastep1

7 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3n4z3b

This is my first time building a PC and I'd like to optimize the power/price. One of the major things bothering me is what to do about the graphics card. I've heard that running 2 can be good, but that the difference isn't always noticeable. I don't mind spending more money, but I don't want to spend more if the difference isn't worth the upgrade.

The idea is to use it mostly for playing MOBA/FPS/RPG games... But I would probably want to run some modeling software like CAD or Autodesk.

Any suggestions or improvements are much appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Changes:

• Removed aftermarket cooler, basically the same as the one that comes with the 2600
  • Better Motherboard
  • Better Ram
  • Better Gpu
  • Changed to a good, cheap case
  • Better Psu
  • Removed sound card, with lower end headphones you won't be able to see the difference.
  • Removed CD drive, basically useless in this day and age
  • Better Keyboard
  • Better Headphones
  • Dropped the speakers, not really useful for most people, plus if you really need them a bunch of lower end monitors have inluded speakers
  • Changed hhd to a ssd, so you can potentially add a hard drive later on

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ B&H
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport AT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $78.69 @ Newegg
Storage Team - L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $54.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card $348.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks - Eclipse P350X (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $83.98 @ Newegg Business
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.49 @ SuperBiiz
Keyboard Redragon - K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard $34.99 @ Amazon
Headphones Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset $89.58 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1140.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-16 14:34 EDT-0400
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! The keyboard and headphones were thrown in there as an after thought, but I like the ones you picked. Also, that's good to know about the sound card because I didn't realize there wouldn't be a noticeable difference.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think a single 480gb SSD will get it.

Most people like speakers.

Buy the OS on a USB stick.

The cooler is sold at Newegg.

7 bucks over what you had with a lot better balance and performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WTKwBb

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Yeah, I had a feeling my balance would be off but knowing how to optimize the system falls a little out of my general knowledge. Thanks again for your feedback.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The main things were the video card much better performance.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-580/4037vs3923

No name power supply made by Andyson if I remember right.

The slow single stick of memory, AMD loves fast memory and dual channel is much faster.

The sound card not needed unless your running a very expensive speaker system then you would get a much better one.

Windows comes on a USB stick and the full version can be used on more than one PC. You just install the 64 bit version it will ask you what to install.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube