add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on part list

Sqwertinq

4 months ago

Opinions on these parts? Are they old? or any parts worth upgrading?

Case - Cooler master masterbox pro 5 rgb mid

CPU - intel core i7-5960x 3.7 GHz 8 core

GPU - ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-8G OC edition

RAM - Patriot VIper Xtreme 32GB (4 x 9GB)

CPU Cooler - Enermax - ets- t50 AXE

Motherboard - MSI - x99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011

Power Supply - Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold certified Fully modular

Storage - Toshiba M.2 SATA 128gb SSD

Toshiba P300 3TB 3.5' 7200RPM internal hard drive

Optical Drive - LG Super Multi Blue internal Sata 16x bluray rewriter

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks a good parts list. I'm fairly sure you meant 4*8 gb sticks. To check if they're compatible, use the pcpp software to put together a virtual parts list, and it will then tell you if there are any issues.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I searched up the CPU and noticed it was maybe 4 years old. Is it worth the price still?

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

Some of the amazon reviews, especially the recent ones don't look great. It depends on what you use the pc for, and how much you want to spend on it.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks for the help!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget and use case? And to answer no unless buying used you should never buy older parts. Prices for older parts rises from new retailers and for the same price you can usually get something better

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

A friend was selling it to me for 1k and I was a bit skeptical, thanks for the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube